APEGA Centennial Leadership Award
This award is presented to a member of APEGA who has attained the highest distinction relating to engineering or geoscience through directorship of an outstanding project, original research or invention, or an exemplary career in teaching.
Past Recipients of the Centennial Leadership Award
Leah Lawrence, P.Eng.
Nominating Someone for an Award
APEGA relies on its members and permit holders, and even the public, to nominate outstanding individuals in the professions. Nomination is always free, and you can submit as many nominations as you like.
You can download a nomination template file to help you develop your nomination and make sure that nothing important is missed. You do not have to use this template, but you do need to make sure you include all the information that the template includes.
Evaluation Considerations for the Centennial Leadership Award
Nominations are evaluated and scored for up to 100 points. Be sure to write your nomination to address as much of these criteria as possible for the best chance at being selected.
- Work-Related Achievements (60 points)
- Engineering/geoscience excellence and recognition of achievements with the professions, business or industry or the education sector that has set a benchmark for engineers/geoscientists to strive for (This could include executive directorship of an outstanding project or continuing enterprise or invention, research or original work or teaching.)
- Service to the Profession (20 Points)
- Public education and understanding the role of engineering or geoscience and professional engineers/geoscientists in Canadian society
- Active participation in engineering/geoscience associations, societies, institutes, etc.
- Service to the Community (20 Points)
- Active participation in commissions, voluntary organizations, community organizations and other paid or unpaid work beyond the profession
- Personal and General Information (Not Scored)
- Education, publications, directorships, honours and decorations and other relevant information
- Member of APEGA for a minimum of five years
Deadline for Summit Award nominations is September 15, 2019.