Branches serve an important role and are an integral part of APEGA operations. Branches function as a conduit between APEGA’s Council and staff and the APEGA members in various geographic regions of Alberta.
APEGA has 10 branches. Visit the branch in your area for information on branch activities. Each branch lists the surrounding communities that are included.
- Central Alberta
- Fort McMurray
- Medicine Hat
- Peace Region
- Vermilion River
For any inquiries related to branches in general, please contact us at [email protected].
The Branch Executives are member-elected at the annual general meeting of each Branch. They are governed by the branch manual.
Each Branch Executive has 15 volunteer positions. The Branch Chair is responsible for running the branch. To ensure consistency among branches, chairs from all branches meet quarterly to discuss branch governance and business.
Role of Branches
- Advance APEGA’s strategic initiatives.
- Enhance the profile of the professions in local communities.
- Positively affect the professions' ability to serve the public interest.
- Act as the voice of members by providing feedback to APEGA Council and staff on matters about the professions.
- Provide the voice of APEGA to members.
Each branch holds activities during the year for its members, including:
- networking events
- golf tournaments
- professional development
- annual visits by the President
- industry tours
- science olympics
Visit our events calendar to register for branch or APEGA events.