Honours & Awards
APEGA commends the success and hard work of its members through the following honours and awards.
APEGA recognizes members’ professional excellence and community contributions at its annual Summit Awards. Our premier event, the Summit Awards, is part of our Annual General Meeting & Conference. On awards night, up to eleven awards are presented to honour excellence in the engineering and geoscience professions.
APEGA highlights the achievements of its members through the Summit Awards showcasing the determination, inspiration and drive that are the hallmark of the engineering and geoscience professions. If you know of a deserving colleague, coworker or project, please consider nominating them for a Summit Award.
Professional Member Induction Ceremony
Attaining professional status with APEGA requires a lot of hard work. The Professional Member Induction Ceremony provides the opportunity to celebrate this significant professional milestone.
- People who achieve professional status are invited to a ceremony in their area.
- Light refreshments will be available prior to the ceremony with a dessert reception and networking with other professionals following the ceremony.
- The APEGA President presents best wishes, a personalized oath certificate, and a pin.
This celebration is not an Iron Ring or Earth Ring ceremony.
Volunteer Recognition Award
Volunteers are essential to APEGA. They provide countless hours of work on committees, boards, Council, and the Branches. Each year, APEGA honours volunteers who have reached milestones of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30+ years of service.
APEGA grants life membership to a member who has retired from the practice of the profession and:
- has been a Professional Member of APEGA for at least 25 years
- whose 25 years of membership consist of at least the last 10 years as a Professional Member with APEGA and the remaining years as a member of an APEGA-recognized professional association
Life Members retain all of the obligations, duties, and privileges of professional membership and pay annual fees at a reduced rate. Life Members cannot be Responsible Members for Permits to Practice. Life Member annual dues are reduced by 75%.
To apply for life membership, select the life membership category on the reverse of your annual dues invoice and return the entire invoice with your payment of 25% of your regular annual dues. You must also submit a non-practising declaration.
For APEGA to consider you for life membership, you must submit payment and the declaration before the due date of your annual dues.
Engineers Canada Fellowship
The Engineers Canada Fellowship recognizes deserving members who have generously given their time and expertise to the engineering profession.
- APEGA annually submits the names of those who have met the Engineers Canada criteria.
- Professional Members who have earned a fellowship are invited to one of APEGA’s fall volunteer recognition events.
- Recipients receive a certificate and a silver Engineers Canada Fellowship pin.
- Professional Geoscientists are recognized with an honorary fellowship and can add the designation FEC (Hon.) after their P.Geo. designation.
Engineers Canada provides a full list of past recipients.
Geoscientists Canada Fellowship
The Geoscientists Canada Fellowship recognizes deserving Members who have generously given their time and expertise to the geoscience profession.
- APEGA annually submits the names of those who have met the Geoscientists Canada criteria.
- Professional Members who have earned a fellowship are invited to one of APEGA’s fall volunteer recognition events in their area.
- Recipients receive a certificate and gold Geoscientists Canada Fellowship pin.
- Professional Geoscientists may add the designation FGC after their P.Geo. designation.
- Professional Engineers are recognized with an honorary fellowship and can add the designation FGC (Hon.) after their P.Eng. designation.
Geoscientists Canada provides a full list of past recipients.