APEGA Excellence in Education Award
This award is presented to members of APEGA who have made exemplary contributions to teaching and learning at a recognized post-secondary institution in Alberta.
Nominations for the 2023 Summit Awards are now closed. Award recipients will be contacted by email in January 2023.
Excellence in Education Award Criteria
Nominations are evaluated and scored for up to 100 points. Be sure to write your nomination to address as much of these criteria as possible for the best chance at being selected.
- Independent evidence of impact of teaching (40 points)
- Independent Evidence of Contributions to Education (10 Points)
- Independent Evidence of Contributions to Outreach Initiatives (10 Points)
- Independent Evidence of Service to Students (40 Points)
- Personal and General Information (Not Scored)
Nominating Someone for an Award
APEGA relies on its members and permit holders, and even the public, to nominate outstanding individuals in the professions. Nomination is always free, and you can submit as many nominations as you like.
You can take up to 30 days to get your nomination submitted using the Save & Resume button at the bottom of each page of the nomination form.
What does it take be an Excellence in Education award recipient?
Here are some of our Excellence in Education award recipients. Explore their profiles to learn what it takes to receive the award.