Executive Candidate: Terri Steeves, P.Eng.
- Energy industry executive with 30 years of experience, whose accomplishments span North America in midstream and power generation industries
- Successfully integrated engineering, operations, and projects departments to improve and deliver overall business results
- APEGA volunteer for 35 years, including student liaison, outreach, mentoring, Summit Awards Committee, Nominations Committee and Council (2012–15)
I believe in giving back to the community and profession which have given me so much over my 30-year career. Having recently completed the Director Education Program (DEP) with the Rotman School of Management and the Institute of Corporate Directors, as well as having service on several not-for-profit, joint-venture, and corporate boards of directors, I’d like to bring that experience and knowledge to our professional association to support and lead the growth and development of the association and its members.
My leadership approach brings together diverse individuals, skills, experiences, and prospectives to find innovative solutions and approaches to solve complex problems or situations. I believe this approach brings better answers and could be an asset to APEGA Council.
Click to read full document.
Get to Know the Candidate in Four Questions
What does self-regulation mean to you as a member of APEGA?
Self-regulation is a privilege, allowing us to govern the profession from a place of understanding, both of the impact and the risks of professional practice. Self-regulation means each professional or practice is assessed by their peers.
What would you bring to Council?
As the regulator of engineering and geoscience, what challenges does APEGA face?
As regulator, we must maintain the highest standards and continue to evolve and improve the profession and its regulation. Key focus areas/challenges:
- Clear standards and expectations of professionals and professional practice
- Effective oversight which gives stakeholders the confidence that risks are monitored and managed
- Continuous improvement of the profession and professional practice, in a dynamic environment, including technology, regulatory, evolving careers, and societal expectations
What is the value of a professional licence with APEGA?
A professional licence provides the ability to practise and to be recognized as a trusted source of expertise which ensures public safety and ethical practice.