Good Character & Reputation Declaration for Member-in-Training Applications
All APEGA applications require a completed Character Declaration form, which is provided within the online application system.
With this form, you will verify:
- your identity
- whether you are or have been registered with any other Canadian engineering or geoscience professional licensing body
- that you are of good character and reputation
The Board of Examiners’ Character Committee reviews all character cases, including whether an applicant has ever been found guilty of or has an outstanding judgement for:
- unprofessional conduct or unskilled practice by a professional regulatory organization or agency
- an offence under the Engineering and Geoscience Professions Act or equivalent legislation in other jurisdictions
- any criminal offence
- negligence due to unskilled practice of the professions in any civil actions made against you
- academic misconduct
You may still qualify to apply if you answer yes to one or more of the character questions as long as you provide sufficient explanation and documentation regarding criminal or disciplinary charges you may have faced. You may be asked to provide additional details of the incident as well as reports and any follow-up that has occurred. The Board of Examiners’ Character Committee may request additional information, if necessary.
Abusive behaviour towards staff or a false statement or misrepresentation may initiate an investigation, which could disqualify you from registration.