Proof of Identity Requirement For Engineers & Geoscientists
As of June 16, 2021, APEGA requires all applicants to provide Proof of Identity for their application. Proof of Identity is confirming the following:
- Full Legal Name
- Date of Birth
To prove your provided name(s), you must provide a copy of the specified document types below. File types accepted are PDF, TIF, PNG, or JPG with a file size under 16 MB. If necessary, more than one file can be uploaded.
If born in Canada:
- A copy of your provincial or territorial Birth Certificate
- Canadian passports are not accepted because they can be issued with slightly different given names.
If born outside of Canada but are a Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen, you must provide:
- A copy of a valid PR Card or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) within one year of issue
- A copy of your Canadian Citizenship document (both sides)
If born outside of Canada but not a Permanent Resident:
- A copy of your valid non-Canadian passport
If your full legal name is different from your birth certificate, PR Card, Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or Canadian Citizenship document, you must also include a copy of the Legal Change of Name or Marriage Certificate.