As part of the APEGA Council election, the Nominating Committee is responsible for ensuring that the knowledge, skills, and attributes of Council election candidates have been assessed through a transparent, formal, and structured process.
The committee has between five and seven members:
- three to five professional members or licensees of APEGA
- one to three lay members from the general public
Committee members should demonstrate an acute understanding of APEGA’s role as a self-regulating body; have experience identifying, selecting, and evaluating nominees; and show a commitment to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Review and understand the competencies needed for Council as a whole
- Conduct a gap analysis to determine priorities for candidate skills and experience
- Oversee the process of receiving nominations from the membership at large
- Ensure candidates running for Council are qualified
- Assess nominees using a structured competency-based approach
- Identify candidates to appear on the election ballot
Nominating Committee Roster
APEGA’s Nominating Committee is made up of seven people: four professional members and three lay members. An asterisk (*) indicates a two-year term appointment.
- RaeAnne Leach, P.Eng., PMP, FEC, FGC (Hon.) (chair)*
- George Eynon, P.Geo., FGC, FEC (Hon.), ICD.D
- Lisa Doig, P.Eng., MBA, FEC, FGC (Hon.)*
- Darren Hardy, P.Eng.*
- Len Polsky, B. Comm., LL.B., B.C.L.
- Shannon Neighbour
- Karen Marner, BA, CPHR, SPHRi, SHRM-SCP, PI*