As part of the APEGA Council election, the Nominating Committee is responsible for ensuring APEGA voters are presented with a slate of candidates whose knowledge, skills, and attributes have been assessed through a transparent, formal, and structured process, and ideally who are broadly reflective of APEGA registrants.
The committee has between five and seven members:
- three to five professional members or licensees of APEGA
- one to three lay members from the general public
Committee members should demonstrate an acute understanding of APEGA’s role as a self-regulating body; have experience identifying, selecting, and evaluating nominees; and show a commitment to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Review and understand the competencies needed for Council as a whole
- Conduct a gap analysis to determine priorities for candidate skills and experience
- Oversee the process of receiving nominations from the membership at large
- Ensure candidates running for Council are qualified
- Assess nominees using a structured competency-based approach
- Identify candidates to appear on the election ballot
2022 Nominating Committee Roster
APEGA’s 2022 Nominating Committee is made up of seven people: five professional members and two lay members. The current Nominating Committee does not include any current councillors.
- George Eynon, P.Geo., FGC, FEC (Hon.), ICD.D (Chair)
- Genesh Chariyil, P.Eng., FEC, FGC (Hon.)
- Ross Plecash, P.Eng., M.Eng., FEC, FGC (Hon.)
- Dave Rumbold, P.Eng.
- Craig McFarland, P.Eng.
- Len Polsky, B. Comm., LL.B., B.C.L.
- Shannon Neighbour