Annual General Meeting 2023
This virtual event was held on April 28, 2023
Register for APEGA's virtual AGM on April 28
The annual general meeting (AGM) is your opportunity to:
- discuss issues important to the engineering and geoscience professions in Alberta
- vote on matters brought before professional members by APEGA Council
- present motions for Council to consider
To ensure a smooth event, APEGA Council approved the special rules of order at the March 23 Council meeting. These rules outline any procedures to be followed before and during the AGM.
You must register to attend the AGM. Registration closes on April 27.
Read the Annual Report
APEGA produces an annual report each spring, which looks at our activities, statistics, and finances for the previous year.
102nd Annual General Meeting Agenda
Friday, April 28, 2023, 2:00–5:00 p.m. (virtual meeting)
Lisa Doig, P.Eng., MBA, FEC, FGC (Hon.), Chair
indicates attachment (to be shared during the AGM)
- Call to Order (2:00 p.m.)
- Credentials Report
- Special Rules for the Meeting
- Motion Approval of the Agenda
- Head Table
- Special Guests
- Greetings from Special Guests
- Payment of Respect to Members Deceased Since the 2022 AGM
- Minutes of the 2022 Annual General Meeting
- Business Arising From the Minutes
- Address of the President
- Registrar & CEO's Report
- Auditor's Report
- Appointment of Auditor For 2023 Motion
- Constituent Association Reports
- Review of 2023 Election Process And Announcement of Election Results
- Objection To Election Results
- New Business
- Date For 2024 Annual General Meeting Motion
- Friday, April 26, 2024, Edmonton Convention Centre, Edmonton, AB
- Vesting of the Past-President
- Induction of President
APEGA 2023 Annual General Meeting Special Rules
- Parliamentary Authority: The rules contained in the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised 12th Edition shall govern this Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (“APEGA”) 2023 Annual General Meeting (“the meeting”) in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the APEGA bylaws, these special rules, and any special rules of order APEGA may adopt.
- Attendees: Members of APEGA must register to be entitled to attend the meeting, debate, and vote. Registration will close at noon on Thursday, April 27, 2023.
- Minutes Approval Committee: The President shall appoint a committee of three to approve the minutes.
- Appointments: The President shall appoint all individuals and committees necessary to conduct of the meeting.
- Login Information: APEGA shall send by email to every registered member of APEGA, at least one day before the meeting, instructions which will include login information and codes required to connect to the webcasting service.
- Login: The webcasting service will be available at least one hour before the start of the meeting and registered members shall log in at least 10 minutes before the scheduled start of the meeting.
- Technical requirements and Malfunctions: Each member shall be responsible for their telephone and internet connections. No action shall be invalidated on the grounds that the loss of, or poor quality of, a member’s individual connections
prevented participation in the meeting.
- Forced Disconnections: The Chair may cause or direct the disconnection or muting of a member’s connection if it is causing undue interference with the meeting. The Chair’s decision to do so, which is subject to an undebatable
appeal that can be made by any member, will be announced during the meeting and recorded in the minutes.
- Assignment of the Floor: To seek recognition by the Chair during resolution debate, a member shall phone in to the designated telephone number and shall advise the operator of the member’s intention to speak “For” or “Against” the resolution open for debate, or if they seek recognition for a different purpose. Once recognized by the Chair, the member shall address the Chair, and the member’s comments shall be webcast to all attendees.
- All main motions and resolutions shall be in writing and shall indicate the name of and be signed by the maker of the motion and delivered to the designated resolutions coordinator no later than 10 a.m., Friday, April 28, 2023.
- Only resolving clauses of a resolution shall be presented to and considered by the meeting.
- Seconding of Motions: Motions and resolutions requiring a second are deemed seconded.
- Display of Motions: The current motion or resolution being considered will be displayed to the members in attendance until disposed of.
- Upon recognition by the Chair, members shall state their name, professional designation, and location prior to addressing the meeting.
- The Chair will recognize speakers in alternating order, “For” and “Against” the motion or resolution.
- Debate will be limited to five (5) speakers “For” and five (5) speakers “Against” for each motion or resolution presented at the meeting.
- No one shall speak in debate more than once, on the same question on the same day, for longer than two minutes, without permission of the assembly granted by a two-thirds vote without debate.
- Subject Matter Experts: As necessary and appropriate, the Chair may call upon any subject matter expert to provide information during the meeting.
- Voting: Voting shall be conducted via the anonymous voting feature of the webcasting service. Business may also be conducted by unanimous consent.
- Election Reporting: In a motion unanimously passed at the March 20, 2014, meeting of APEGA Council, it was agreed that for the announcement of the results of the election of members to Council, the actual number of votes cast for each candidate will not be reported at an annual general meeting, and the minutes of the meeting will not include the actual number of votes cast for each candidate.
- Electronic Devices: Mobile phones and other electronic devices shall be silenced during the meeting. No member shall use video cameras and recording equipment to record any part of the meeting unless approved by the President.