APEGA Ethics Workshop for Graduating University Students
APEGA will help graduating students in engineering and geoscience achieve a rewarding career; starting with the Graduating Student Ethics Workshop. APEGA hosts the workshops twice per year; in spring and fall. The workshops have been held in a virtual format since 2020.
- Review real life case studies with ethical dilemmas to discuss and understand the outcomes.
- Learn the registration and application process for members-in-training.
- A keynote presentation by an inspirational leader in the professions.
- Receive substantial savings towards application fees and first-year dues upon completing the workshop.
How to Attend:
- Eligible students are notified by their educational institutions when registration for an upcoming workshop is available.
- Information and the registration link are emailed to students or posted on the student resources page of the institutions school of engineering or geoscience webpage.
- APEGA lists the workshops on the events calendar
- March 19, 2022: Event Listing
- November 2022 - TBC
- Questions related to eligibility are to be directed to the educational institution.
- Questions related to registering as a member-in-training are to be directed to [email protected]. However, please review the application information on apega.ca first.
- Questions related to the virtual workshop can be directed to [email protected]. All registered students will receive access details by email prior to the workshop.
Iron Ring and Earth Ring Ceremonies
The Iron Ring Ceremony is hosted separately by the Corporation of the Seven Wardens and the Earth Ring Ceremony is hosted separately by the Earth Ring Stewards. These ceremonies are usually held on the same date or close to the APEGA Graduating Students Workshop. All iron or earth ring ceremony enquiries can be directed to the wardens or stewards.
Ring replacements must be coordinated by the wardens and stewards as well.