The APEGA Rock & Fossil Clinic
Join us Saturday, October 14, for the 30th annual APEGA Rock & Fossil Clinic!
Enjoy a day of free family-friendly geoscience fun. Unearth history, meet geoscientists, and discover the mysteries hidden below our feet!
Experience virtual sessions in the morning and attend in-person activities in the afternoon.
2023 Rock & Fossil Clinic Schedule at a Glance
|9:30 to 10:00 a.m.||Virtual welcome and introductions|
|10:00 to 11:30 a.m.||Virtual sessions|
|11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.||Lunch and travel to afternoon sessions|
|1:00 to 4:00 p.m.||In-person sessions|
Is your child a girl guide or scout?
By participating in this event, they will be eligible for the engineering crest.
Engineering and geoscience are interdisciplinary fields. You can find engineers and geoscientists working together to solve many different challenges. Some examples of engineering disciplines that closely align with geoscience include:
- civil engineering (bedrock and soil analysis, earthworks, foundation design)
- environmental engineering (mine wastes, hydrogeology and water management, GIS mapping and analysis)
- geological engineering (geohazards, mining)
- geomatics engineering (remote sensing and satellite imagery of earth processes)
- geotechnical engineering (geomechanics)
To receive an engineering crest, please indicate that your child is a girl guide or scout in the registration form. Crests will be mailed out to all eligible attendees following the event.
Be the First to Know
Sign up for our mailing list to receive the latest updates on events and more!