The search has begun for applicants with the competencies required for the 2023 APEGA Council election. We are seeking APEGA members from across the province to apply for consideration as we continue to drive Alberta forward with courage and innovation.
Nominations are open until 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 22, 2022.
Interested in running?
To apply, members in good standing with an eligible membership type can complete and submit an application in the Better Impact volunteer system. This process is online-only. Paper nominations are not accepted.
As part of your application, you will need to:
- Polish your résumé (two-page maximum).
- Review the list of Council competencies to confirm you have the skills and experience that are recruitment priorities for this election year.
- Complete written responses to applicant submission questions (six questions, each response has a maximum of 250 words).
- Log in to the Better Impact volunteer system and submit your application.
All applicants that are assessed to have the competencies needed in the current election cycle will be placed on the ballot as candidates.
Nominating Committee assessment
The Nominating Committee conducts a gap analysis based on the needs identified by Council against each applicant's competencies to confirm they have the necessary skills and experience needed in this election cycle. This ensures Council comprises individuals with the right balance of competencies, resulting in a stronger and more effective Council.
During this process, the Nominating Committee:
- reviews the materials submitted by the applicant
- evaluates each applicant's qualifications, experience, and skills against the recruitment priorities for the current election year
- conducts an interview with applicants whose qualifications, experience, and skills align with the competencies required on Council for the upcoming election year (not all applicants are guaranteed an interview)
2023 election dates
Candidate names will be released to voters in December 2022. Voting will begin on February 6, 2023, and will run until March 9, 2023.