As we enter a new year with new challenges, APEGA's work as a regulator is more important than ever.
On February 18, 2021, APEGA members and permit holders joined President John Van der Put, P.Eng., FEC, FGC (Hon.), for his second virtual town hall, where he answered member questions and provided updates on many continuing projects at APEGA.
How to watch the webinar
To view the second President's Town Hall presentation, simply click the link below and log in to the ON24 platform by following the registration steps.
If you are a non-member or don't have an APEGA Member ID, enter "n/a" in that field.
Updates on APEGA initiatives
During this morning event, John provided updates on many continuing projects at APEGA. Our work regulating the engineering and geoscience professions remains a key focus as we continue to remain nimble during the ongoing pandemic situation.
John shared information on the following topics.
- Update on how APEGA has supported our members and permit holders through recent disruptions with dues reduction, cancellation deferrals, and deadline extensions.
- Recapping APEGA's centennial year.
- Update on progress on APEGA's new member-facing portal (myAPEGA), set to launch in the first half of 2021.
- Upcoming changes to CPD hour submissions and mailed invoices.
- Updates on increased cadence of permit holder reviews and decreased registration timelines.
- Information about the 2021 APEGA annual general meeting.
- Reminder to vote in the annual APEGA Council election from February 8 to March 11.
We know the last year has been challenging for many members and permit holders. During this webinar, John provided answers to member questions submitted in advance on behalf of Council and APEGA, as well as answered live questions from attendees.