As we enter a new year with new challenges, APEGA's work as a regulator is more important than ever.
Even though we are not able to convene our regular President's Visits at each of the 10 APEGA branches across Alberta, we are pleased to invite all APEGA members and permit holders to join President John Van der Put, P.Eng., FEC, FGC (Hon.), for his second virtual town hall on Thursday, February 18, 2021, from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m.
- Did you miss the first virtual town hall? Watch it on demand now.
Updates on APEGA initiatives
During this morning event, John will provide updates on many continuing projects at APEGA. Our work regulating the engineering and geoscience professions remains a key focus as we continue to remain nimble during the ongoing pandemic situation.
John will share information on the following topics:
- Update on how APEGA has supported our members and permit holders through recent disruptions with dues reduction, cancellation deferrals, and deadline extensions
- Recapping APEGA's centennial year
- Update on progress on APEGA's new member-facing portal (myAPEGA), set to launch in spring 2021
- Upcoming changes to CPD hour submissions and mailed invoices
- Updates on increased cadence of permit holder reviews and decreased registration timelines
- Information about the 2021 APEGA annual general meeting
- Reminder to vote in the annual APEGA Council election from February 8 to March 11