Despite the pandemic, APEGA’s work as a regulator continues. As we enter the busy fall season, in many cases under unprecedented working conditions, there seem to be more questions than answers.
On September 24, 2020, APEGA members and permit holders joined President John Van der Put, P.Eng., FEC, FGC (Hon.), for a virtual town hall, where he answered member questions and provided updates on many continuing projects at APEGA.
How to watch the webinar
To view the President's Town Hall presentation, simply click the link below and log in to the ON24 platform by following the registration steps.
If you are a non-member or don't have an APEGA Member ID, enter "n/a" in that field.
Updates on APEGA initiatives
During this morning event, John provided updates on many continuing projects at APEGA. Our work regulating the engineering and geoscience professions remains a key focus as we adjust to the current situation.
John shared information on the following topics.
- His three presidential priorities and how they align with APEGA’s strategic plan.
- How APEGA has been adjusting as a regulator during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How APEGA has supported our members and permit holders through recent disruptions, such as dues reduction, cancellation deferrals, and deadline extensions.
- The work APEGA has done in reducing registration timelines for internationally trained professionals and Bill 11, the Fair Registration Practices Act.
- Meeting more regularly with permit holders and increasing the cadence of practice reviews.
- Updates regarding the progress on competency-based assessment (CBA).
We know the last few months have been challenging for many members and permit holders. During this webinar, John provided answers to member questions submitted in advance on behalf of Council and APEGA, as well as answered live questions from attendees.