Ten grants of up to $5,000 each are up for grabs for STEM learning in Alberta schools. APEGA is now accepting applications for the Innovation in Education Awards, which support and facilitate innovative initiatives focused on the fields known as STEM—science, technology, engineering, and math.
Awards Program Overview
APEGA’s Innovation in Education Awards provides a unique opportunity for Alberta teachers to develop and advance STEM-focused experiential programs in their K-12 classrooms. Activities completed using the grants will:
- be carried out by at least one class of K-12 students at the recipients’ schools
- be student-led, hands-on, and engaging
- encourage skill development in students while teaching realistic and relevant applications of STEM fields
- have a positive and measurable effect on the class and on the larger community
- be wrapped up between September 1, 2018, and May 31, 2019
APEGA will provide an opportunity for grant recipients and their students to share the success of their projects with our members and other stakeholders at a public showcase event in July 2019.
- Grant recipients must be certified to teach in Alberta and be members of the Alberta Teachers’ Association.
- However, we do encourage educational, administrative, and support staff members, at K-12 schools or school boards in Alberta, to submit applications on behalf of teachers.
- Call for applications closes at 11:59 p.m. on July 15, 2018.
- Show your support for STEM learning in Alberta classrooms by sharing this page with K-12 teachers you know.
- For more information, contact us at [email protected] or 800-661-7020 ext. 1103.