Council Endorses Latest Set of Recommendations
At a meeting on March 23, 2016, APEGA Council endorsed the proposed recommendations in the We’re Listening: Winter 2016 Consultation Summary.
The report includes full details on proposed recommendations to improve standards for Member and Permit Holder professional practice reviews. Feedback gathered from Members and Permit Holders during the winter consultations is included in the report.
Topics reviewed last winter and endorsed by Council were:
- authority of the Practice Review Committee (PRC)
- Member and Permit Holder compliance with practice standards and bulletins
- authority of practice reviewers
- authority of practice reviewers to make recommendations for improved professional practice
- creation of practice review panels to make orders related to practice review findings
- authority of practice reviewers to refer matters to practice review panels
- types of orders
Based on feedback, Council revised one proposed recommendation related to the authority of practice review panels.
It had been proposed that practice review panel decisions would be final. After Council’s revision, the new proposed recommendation states that a practice review panel decision can be appealed.
Originally published May 27, 2016