APEGA Women in Engineering and Geoscience Champion Award
Past Recipients of the Women in Engineering and Geoscience Champion Award
Lynne Cowe Falls, P.Eng., PhD
Nominating Someone for an Award
APEGA relies on its members and permit holders, and even the public, to nominate outstanding individuals in the professions. Nomination is always free, and you can submit as many nominations as you like.
You can download a nomination template file to help you develop your nomination and make sure that nothing important is missed. You do not have to use this template, but you do need to make sure you include all the information that the template includes.
Evaluation Considerations for the Women in Engineering and Geoscience Champion Award
Nominations are evaluated and scored for up to 100 points. Be sure to write your nomination to address as much of these criteria as possible for the best chance at being selected.
- Stature and Recognition as a role model or respected corporate citizen (50 Points)
- Profile and visibility within the engineering or geoscience profession, business or industry or the education sector (nationally or internationally)
- Recognition as a role model for women entering or in the practice of engineering or geoscience
- Service to the profession (30 points)
- Public education and an understanding of the role of engineering and geoscience and professional engineers/geoscientists in Canadian society
- Active participation in engineering/geoscience associations, societies, institutes, etc.
- Service to the community (10 points)
- Active participation in commissions, voluntary organizations, community organizations and other paid or unpaid work beyond the profession
- Work-Related Achievements (10 points)
- Engineering or geoscience excellence
- Recognition of achievement within the profession, business or industry or education sector that has set a benchmark for Professional Engineers or Professional Geoscientists to strive for
- Personal and General Information (Not Scored)
- Education, publications, directorships, honours and decorations and other relevant information