APEGA Research Excellence Award
Past Recipients of the Research Excellence Award
Nominating Someone for an Award
APEGA relies on its members and permit holders, and even the public, to nominate outstanding individuals in the professions. Nomination is always free, and you can submit as many nominations as you like.
Evaluation Considerations for the Research Excellence Award
Nominations are evaluated and scored for up to 100 points. Be sure to write your nomination to address as much of these criteria as possible for the best chance at being selected.
- Problem Description (15 points)
- Summary of the research
- Nature of the Research (30 points)
- Originality, creativity and significance of the research
- Dissemination of gained knowledge (30 points)
- What are the benefits of said research?
- How will they benefit society, the professions?
- Evidence of impact (25 points)
- External recognition (through papers, presentations, awards, recognition by professional associations)
- Internal recognition (through recognition by employer, educational institution)
- Impact on the field