APEGA Honorary Membership Award
This award is presented to an individual who is not an APEGA member and has greatly improved society and the engineering or geoscience professions.
Nominations for the 2023 Summit Awards are now closed. Award recipients will be announced in January 2023.
Honorary Membership Award Criteria
Nominees will be evaluated based on their initiative, leadership and eminent service to the engineering and/or geoscience professions resulting in the betterment of society. These may take the form of the evaluation considerations noted below.
- Honorary Members are exempt from payment of fees, but Honorary Membership shall not confer the right to vote, to practice as, or to be called a Professional Engineer or Professional Geoscientist.
- Persons eligible for APEGA membership shall not be considered as candidates for this Award.
- There shall at no time be more than 30 Honorary Members in the Association.
- Bylaw 27 requires a unanimous vote by Council to award Honorary Membership.
- Executive directorship of an outstanding project or continuing enterprise
- Invention, research or original work
Personal and General Information
- Education, publications, directorships, honours and decorations and other relevant information
Nominating Someone for an Award
APEGA relies on its members and permit holders, and even the public, to nominate outstanding individuals in the professions. Nomination is always free, and you can submit as many nominations as you like.
You can take up to 30 days to get your nomination submitted using the Save & Resume button at the bottom of each page of the nomination form.
What does it take be a Honorary Membership award recipient?
Here are some of our Honorary Membership award recipients. Explore their profiles to learn what it takes to receive the award.