APEGA Honorary Membership Award
Recent Recipients of the Honorary Membership Award
Nominating Someone for an Award
APEGA relies on its members and permit holders, and even the public, to nominate outstanding individuals in the professions. Nomination is always free, and you can submit as many nominations as you like.
Evaluation Considerations for the Honorary Membership Award
Nominations are evaluated and scored for up to 100 points. Be sure to write your nomination to address as much of these criteria as possible for the best chance at being selected.
- Honorary Members are exempt from payment of fees, but Honorary Membership shall not confer the right to vote, to practice as, or to be called a Professional Engineer or Professional Geoscientist.
- Persons eligible for APEGA membership shall not be considered as candidates for this Award.
- There shall at no time be more than 30 Honorary Members in the Association.
- Bylaw 27 requires a unanimous vote by Council to award Honorary Membership.
- Executive directorship of an outstanding project or continuing enterprise
- Invention, research or original work
Personal and General Information
- Education, publications, directorships, honours and decorations and other relevant information