APEGA Frank Spragins Technical Award
Recent Recipients of the Frank Spragins Technical Award
Nominating Someone for an Award
APEGA relies on its members and permit holders, and even the public, to nominate outstanding individuals in the professions. Nomination is always free, and you can submit as many nominations as you like.
Evaluation Considerations for the Frank Spragins Technical Award
Nominations are evaluated and scored for up to 100 points. Be sure to write your nomination to address as much of these criteria as possible for the best chance at being selected.
- Work-Related Achievements (60 Points)
- Engineering or geoscience excellence and recognition of achievements with the professions, business or industry or the education sector that has set a benchmark for Professional Engineers or Professional Geoscientists to strive for. (This could include executive directorship of an outstanding project or continuing enterprise or invention, research or original work or teaching.)
- Service to the Profession (20 Points)
- Public education and understanding the role of engineering or geoscience and Professional Engineers Professional Geoscientists in Canadian society
- Active participation in engineering/geoscience associations, societies, institutes, APEGA committees
- Service to the Community (20 Points)
- Active participation in commissions, voluntary organizations, community organizations and other paid or unpaid work beyond the profession
- Personal and General Information (Not Scored)
- Education (schooling and degrees), publications, directorships, honours and decorations and other relevant information