APEGA Environment and Sustainability Award
Recent Recipients of the Environment and Sustainability Award
Nominating Someone for an Award
APEGA relies on its members and permit holders, and even the public, to nominate outstanding individuals in the professions. Nomination is always free, and you can submit as many nominations as you like.
Evaluation Considerations for the Environment and Sustainability Award
Nominations are evaluated and scored for up to 100 points. Be sure to write your nomination to address as much of these criteria as possible for the best chance at being selected.
- Project Description and Systemic Issues (30 Points)
- Description of project along with its inherent issues and degree of complexity
- Summary of conception, design and execution of project
- Environmental Impact (30 Points)
- Magnitude of project both within Alberta, Canada or beyond
- Whether it was achieved in a manner that promoted sustainable development and/or minimized environmental impacts
- Application of Professional Skills (30 points)
- Has the project advanced the field of engineering or geoscience?
- Applications for future engineering/geoscience projects?
- Enhanced Alberta’s economic or social wellbeing?
- Project Location (10 Points)
- Projects within Alberta will be given priority with projects located outside Alberta considered with a significant professional contribution from APEGA Members
- Projects outside of Alberta may be considered in which case they must include a significant professional contribution from APEGA Members
- Project must be completed or have reached a significant degree of completion in the award year with project leader or company responsible for the project being a Member of APEGA