APEGA Early Accomplishment Award
Past Recipients of the Early Accomplishment Award
Dr. Nashaat Nassar, P.Eng.
Nominating Someone for an Award
APEGA relies on its members and permit holders, and even the public, to nominate outstanding individuals in the professions. Nomination is always free, and you can submit as many nominations as you like.
You can download a nomination template file to help you develop your nomination and make sure that nothing important is missed. You do not have to use this template, but you do need to make sure you include all the information that the template includes.
Newly Revised Criteria for 2020
Candidates for this award must:
- Be 36 years of age or younger as of May 31, 2020
- Be a current APEGA member in good standing
- Have a minimum of 5 years' experience or accomplishments, with a minimum of 2 of those years in Alberta
Evaluation Considerations for the Early Accomplishment Award
Nominations are evaluated and scored for up to 100 points. Be sure to write your nomination to address as much of these criteria as possible for the best chance at being selected.
- Work-related Achievements (80 Points)
- Engineering or geoscience excellence within the profession, business or industry, or the education sector
- Service to the Profession (10 Points)
- Public education and understanding of the role of engineering and geoscience professionals in Alberta
- Active participation in engineering or geoscience associations, societies, institutes
- Leadership in the profession
- Service to the Community (10 Points)
- Active participation in commissions, voluntary organizations, community organizations and other paid or unpaid work beyond the profession
- Leadership in the community
- Enhancement of quality of life
- Personal and General Information (Not Scored)
- Education, publications, directorships, honours and decorations and other relevant information
Deadline for Summit Award nominations is September 15, 2019.