Volunteer at University Speed Mock Interview Events
Professional engineers, professional geoscientists, and Human Resources professionals are invited to participate in a "speed-dating" format event, where you will ask students an interview question, listen to the response, and provide feedback to help the student improve their interviewing skills.
Events Requiring Volunteers
|Edmonton||September 12 and 16, 2019||University of Alberta|
|Calgary||Fall 2019||University of Calgary|
Volunteer Position Description
- Debbie Closson, Northern Alberta University Coordinator
- Becky Ferguson, Southern Alberta University Coordinator
Speak with a variety of students to offer insight about interview techniques.
Skills and Qualifications
- P.Eng., P.Geo., or Human Resources professional
- Experience in reviewing resumes in a professional hiring capacity
- Willingness to share your knowledge and experience with young people
- Comfortable speaking with students
Average Time Commitment
2-3 hours on a weeknight in September, October, January, or February.
Orientation and Training
- At-home reading will be provided prior to the event
- Instructions will be given before the event begins
- Provide interview advice and networking opportunities to university students
- Experience a fun and rewarding event
- Develop communication skills
- Earn credits for CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
- Volunteer appreciation
Refreshments will be provided.
For more information, email the Volunteer Management Coordinator at [email protected].VOLUNTEER NOW