Volunteer at a University Student Industry Mixer Event
APEGA sponsors industry mixers for engineering and geoscience students and professionals. Professional engineers and professional geoscientists are invited to mix and mingle with undergraduate and graduate engineering and geoscience students who are exploring career options, looking to make professional contacts for internships, or simply seeking to network.
Events Requiring Volunteers
|Calgary||Fall 2019||University of Calgary, Engineering Student Lounge|
|Edmonton||October 2, 2019 (5–8 p.m.)||University of Alberta|
Volunteer Position Description
- Becky Ferguson, Southern Alberta University Coordinator
- Debbie Closson, Northern Alberta University Coordinator
Speak with a variety of students to offer insight about
- your area of expertise
- possible career paths
- engineering and geoscience in general
Skills and Qualifications
- P.Eng., P.Geo., P.Geol., P.Geoph., E.I.T., or G.I.T.
- Pride in the profession of engineering and geoscience
- Willingness to share your knowledge and experience with young people
- Comfortable speaking with students
Average Time Commitment
- One evening
- 5 to 8 p.m.
- Attending for the entire duration of the event is not required
Orientation and Training
Check in at registration desk for brief instructions.
- Promote your profession and enhance the understanding of the work of engineers and geoscientists
- Meet with other practicing members and university students
- Experience a fun and rewarding event
- Develop communication skills
- Earn credits for CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
- Volunteer appreciation
Refreshments will be provided.
For more information, email the Volunteer Management Coordinator at [email protected].VOLUNTEER NOW