Volunteer as a Special Events Photographer
To take photographs of ceremonies, recipients, and venues with an APEGA-owned CANON EOS 7D DSLR camera, under the direction of the APEGA Event Lead. Events include Professional Member Induction Ceremonies, Member Recognition Events, and other similar events as required.
Interested volunteers will be required to take part in an interview with portfolio, and to sign a waiver granting APEGA ownership of the photos taken while acting as a volunteer photographer.
Events Requiring Volunteers
Volunteer Position Description
Reports to each event’s Event Lead
- Take photographs of the event, recipients, and venue with an APEGA-owned CANON EOS 7D DSLR camera
- Follow the direction of the Event Lead
- Sign a waiver granting ownership of photos taken during these events to APEGA
Skills and Qualifications
- University student, Member-in-Training, Professional Engineer, Professional Geoscientist, or Professional Licensee
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator required
- Knows how to properly operate a CANON EOS 7D DSLR camera
- Portfolio link of photo examples required
- Able to take direction from APEGA Event Lead
Average Time Commitment
Depends on the event; generally evenings after 5 p.m.
- Networking with industry professionals
- CPD credit and volunteer hours
- Dinner provided at events
For more information, email the Volunteer Management Coordinator at [email protected].