APEGA Science Olympics - Red Deer | Planning Committee Volunteer
APEGA is looking for enthusiastic volunteers interested in sharing their passion for engineering and geoscience with students at the APEGA Science Olympics.
Reports to APEGA Branch Outreach Lead, APEGA Outreach Coordinator or APEGA Outreach Manager.
Assist with various tasks and assignments in the planning and execution of the APEGA Science Olympics – Red Deer as requested by the APEGA Branch Outreach Lead, APEGA Outreach Coordinator or APEGA Outreach Manager. These may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Event Promotion
- Event logistics
- Leading a challenge on the day of the event
Skills and Qualifications
- Practicing or retired professional member, E.I.T., G.I.T., university student member or applicant, in engineering or geoscience. Non-members with related experience in outreach, education, or STEM fields are encouraged to apply.
- Interest in promoting engineering, geoscience, technology, and related careers to students in K-12.
Average Time Commitment
- Planning meetings will be held monthly leading up to the event
- Four to six hours on the day of the event
- Promote your profession and enhance the understanding of the work of engineers and geoscientists.
- Meet and work with other practicing members and university student members.
- Earn credits for CPD (continuing professional development) and APEGA Volunteer Service Awards.
- Promote a love of science to students (grades 1-12) and their parents, and show the fun side of science as well as the practical applications of engineering and geoscience.
- Involvement in a fun and rewarding experience.
To volunteer now, email the Central Alberta Branch.