Volunteer for the University Student Rapid Resume Review
Professional engineers, professional geoscientists, and Human Resources professionals are invited to participate in a "speed-dating" format event, where you will review and critique resumes for students. This will allow students the opportunity to gain valuable feedback to help them create a resume that will increase their chances of getting an interview.
Events Requiring Volunteers
|Calgary||Fall 2019||APEGA Calgary Office|
|Edmonton||September 12 and 16, 2019||University of Alberta|
Volunteer Position Description
- Becky Ferguson, Southern Alberta University Coordinator
- Debbie Closson, Northern Alberta University Coordinator
Review resumes of each student you are paired with and make recommendations for improvements to their resume, such as:
Skills and Qualifications
- P.Eng., P.Geo., or Human Resources professional
- Experience in reviewing resumes in a professional hiring capacity
- Willingness to share your knowledge and experience with young people
- Comfortable speaking with students
Average Time Commitment
2-3 hours on a weeknight in September, October, January, or February.
Orientation and Training
At-home reading will be provided prior to the event.
- Improve the understanding of what employers look for in a resume
- Provide career advice and networking opportunities to university students
- Experience a fun and rewarding event
- Develop communication skills
- Earn credits for CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
- Volunteer appreciation
Refreshments will be provided.
For more information, email the Volunteer Management Coordinator at [email protected].