Volunteer as a Branch Member-at-Large
Branches Seeking Volunteers: Fort McMurray, Lethbridge, Yellowhead
APEGA's 10 branches represent the association in their geographic areas and they advance APEGA’s Strategic Plan by assisting Council and staff to carry out their responsibilities
primarily in the areas of communications, outreach, and professional development.
Reporting to the Branch Chair, the member-at-large will actively participate in the activities of the branch, including events and subcommittees.
Volunteer Position Description
Each member-at-large reports directly to their Branch Chair and indirectly to their Branch Coordinator or designate.
- Professional engineer, professional geoscientist, or member-in-training in good standing as a member of APEGA
- Act as a full member of the Executive and attend meetings regularly.
- Actively participate in the activities of the branch, including events and subcommittees.
- Perform specific tasks and responsibilities at the beginning of each term.
- Contribute ideas.
- Volunteer to do work between meetings.
- Serve the needs of APEGA.
- Enter all volunteer hours into the APEGA Member Self-Service Centre.
Term of Office
- One year (possibility of additional one-year terms)
Average Time Commitment
- Dependent upon the specific branch. Branches meet at least 10 times annually for Executive meetings, for an average of 1-10 hours per month
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience
May claim expenses as per APEGA Volunteer Expense and Travel Procedures
Training & Orientation
- Training and orientation will be provided to all volunteers selected.
For more information, email the Volunteer Management Coordinator at [email protected].VOLUNTEER NOW