Mindfulness Training: Cultivating Well-Being and Resilience
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Register by June 6, 2019
Sustained mindfulness training have resulted in observable neuro-plastic changes in the brain. This workshop will review the current clinical benefits of mindfulness-based interventions from the field of neuroscience and health. This workshop will help participants recognize the impact of consistent stress-reactivity and automatic pilot, and it will provide participants with a few experiential practices.
This course will cover the following:
- Defining mindfulness and how it contributes to well-being based on current literature from clinical psychology, chronic disease management, and neuroscience
- Recognizing physiologic response based on stress-reactivity
- Mindfulness experiential practices that cultivate stability of awareness
When you participate in this session, you will learn how to:
- Begin a mindfulness practice within the workplace and in your personal life
- Define your action plan to implement skills of mastery and pleasure
About the Presenter
Derek Luk, RN, is the founder of Mimentra, a company focused on cultivating mindfulness training to organizations and communities. Through his work, Derek is the recipient of Avenue Magazine's Top 40 Under 40, and University of Calgary’s Faculty of Nursing Top 50 Under 50.
He completed his graduate thesis in reducing the burnout for healthcare professionals using an online mindfulness program, and received his Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy facilitator training through the Centre for Mindfulness in Toronto. Notable collaborations include Calgary Police Services and University of Calgary.
APEGA Calgary Office
2200, 700 2nd Street
June 13, 2019
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Derek Luk, RN
Professional Member: $305
Group and company discounts apply.
June 6, 2019