Managing Financial Performance
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Register by October 23, 2018
The session is designed to help employees/managers assess financial information to carry out planning operations, controlling activities, and make informed decisions. The focus of the content and examples will be on:
- Cost-sales, volume-profit relationships, including break-even and operating leverage analysis
- Margin analysis, considerate of direct and indirect costs and effective allocation of indirect overhead cost
- How costs are used to prepare a budget and forecast, including assessing the sensitivity of budget assumptions and a brief introduction to non-traditional budgeting methods
- Budgeting controls, including an assessment of their cost vs. benefit and the concept of flexible budgeting
- Effective decision-making with relevant cost data, including in-house vs. contract-out and special-order decisions
When you participate in this session, you will:
- Calculate break-even and target sales volume as well as understand how cost structure allows small percentage sales growth to contribute to larger percentage profit growth
- Understand the budget process and use different methods of budgeting and forecasting
- Explore current non-traditional budget processes
- Understand the concept of relevant costing when considering decision on in-house vs. contract-out and special-order scenarios
All participants will also receive an e-book containing slides and explanatory notes, as well as templates.
About the Presenter
Franco (Frank) Saccucci is a tenured faculty member at MacEwan University and an adjunct lecturer with the University of Alberta's Executive Education. He has made numerous presentations in Canada as well as a few in the United States and Europe. His presentations include academia, industry, professional associations and government. To date, he has four publications and two in-progress. Prior to his more than 20 years as an educator, researcher and author he enjoyed 12 years of industry experience. He is a past recipient of the MacEwan Distinguished Teaching Award. His academic qualifications include a B. Comm. (1983) and a MBA (1986).
APEGA Edmonton Office
1500 Scotia One
10060 Jasper Ave
Edmonton, AB T5J 4A2
October 30, 2018
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Franco Saccucci, MBA, B.Comm.
Professional Member: $305
Group and company discounts apply. Every third registrant on the same form gets 50% off.
October 23, 2018