Emerging Professionals Summit
A Virtual Experience | September 25, 2021
How do you equip yourself with the right skills and knowledge to start your career off strong?
What are the skills you need as an emerging professional?
Early Registration Contest Rules
March 1 to September 13, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. MST
Description of Prizes
One Samsung 43" UHD 4K Smart TV, courtesy of registration sponsor The Personal
One of two ZTE GRAND X View 4 tablets, courtesy of community sponsor Rogers
Contest is open to residents of Alberta (Canada) who register to attend Emerging Professionals Summit 2021. APEGA staff and speakers are not eligible to participate.
A registrant may not win more than once.
How to Enter
All registrants of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA) Emerging Professionals Summit 2021 who reside in Alberta are eligible for entry. Registrations must be completed between March 1 and September 13, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. MST.
No purchase is necessary to enter the contest. To receive a ballot without registration to Emerging Professionals Summit 2021, email [email protected] and request an entry form.
Procedure for Awarding Prizes
APEGA will conduct a random draw on September 14, 2021. Three winners will be selected. The first winner will be awarded the Samsung 43" UHD 4K Smart TV. The remaining two winners will each be awarded a ZTE GRAND X View 4 tablet.
Winners will be notified by email between September 14 and September 15, 2021, at the email address they used to register for the APEGA Emerging Professionals Summit.
- Winners must answer a mathematical skill-testing question to receive the prize.
- The winner must claim the prize no later than seven days after the date initially contacted. If a winner cannot be reached within seven days, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, does not claim the prize, or declines the prize, APEGA has the right to select another winner.
- The prize shall be accepted as is and may not be exchanged, refunded, sold, or transferred. No substitutions are allowed. Any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited.
- If the prize cannot be awarded as described in these rules, APEGA reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable value.
- Refusal to accept the prize releases APEGA from any obligation towards the winner.
- If the identity of a winner is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address will be deemed to be the winner. The individual assigned to the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. A winner may be required to provide proof they are the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
- APEGA assumes no liability for any loss, damage, or injury, including:
- lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late, destroyed, illegible, or incomplete entries
- loss, theft, or damage to software or computer or telephone data, including any breach of privacy
- fraudulent calls
- inability of any person to participate in the contest for any reason, including incorrect addresses on email; technical, computer, or telephone malfunctions or other problems with computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software; congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing
- damage to any person’s computer, including as a result of playing or downloading any material relating to the contest
- any delay or inability to act resulting from an event or situation beyond APEGA’s control, including a strike, lockout, or other labour dispute at APEGA’s location or the locations of the organizations and businesses whose services are used to administer this contest
- prizes that are lost, damaged or misdirected during shipping
- APEGA reserves the right to cancel or suspend this contest should a virus, bug, or other cause beyond its reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, APEGA reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- The odds of winning depends on the number of eligible entries.
- APEGA reserves the right to amend the contest rules or to terminate the contest at any time without any liability to any contestant. Any amendments to the contest rules will be posted on this page.
- Winners consent to their first name and last initial being used to announce the contest results.
- Winners release APEGA from all liability for any damage or loss arising from participation in the contest or from the awarding, acceptance, or use of the prize.
- By entering, you agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of APEGA, which are final and binding on all contestants.