Permit to Practice Seminar
8:30 am - 11:30 am
Register by May 21, 2018
This 2.5 hour seminar is on APEGA’s expectations for Permit Holders and Responsible Members. Responsible Members must attend a Permit to Practice seminar within six months of being added as a Responsible Member, and then at least once every five years.
This seminar covers:
- Permit to Practice administration
- How to create and maintain a professional practice management plan
- The roles and responsibilities of a Responsible Member
- APEGA’s discipline and enforcement process
Upon retiring from the Canadian Armed Forces after 33 years of service at the tactical, operational, and strategic levels as an Army Engineer Officer, Pal Mann, CD, MDS, P.Eng., joined APEGA in March 2015.
Serving almost two years as the Director, Corporate Services, he was responsible for planning and providing proactive, transparent, accountable, cost effective Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, and General Services support to APEGA and other stakeholders.
In January 2017, he moved to the Professional Practice portfolio, responsible for establishing, enforcing, and advising on standards of practice for the professions of engineering and geoscience across Alberta. Specifically, the Professional Practice Department provides administration and oversight in support of APEGA's Practice Review Board, its committees and subcommittees, for the following core functions:
- Practice Standards and Guidelines
- Individual and Permit Holder Practice Reviews, and
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
APEGA Edmonton Office
Pal Mann, CD, MDS, P. Eng.
|Registration Deadline||May 21, 2018|