Construction Contract Administration for Projects
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Register by September 28, 2018
This session will cover legal and contractual issues related to the effective management and administration of construction projects. It focuses on the roles and responsibilities of the owners' project managers to contractors, and discusses the practical implications of the legal precedents, to improve the ability to make better decisions. Cases and disputes situations will be reviewed and discussed.
The session may cover the following topics:
- The legal aspects: Contracts and contracting, negligence and due diligence,and the occupational health and safety act
- Contract administration: During and pre-construction operations, measurement and payment, and construction liens
- Risks of construction claims and disputes: Avoidance, protection, preparation and qualification of laims, responding to claims usbmitted byt contractors, and negotiation/arbitration/mediation/litigation
Upon completion of this seminar, the participant will be able to:
- Improve their performance re: contracting, negligence, disputes and contract administration
- Explain the practical implications of the law on company's performance
- Implement the contracting process
- Apply contract administration practices that contribute to success
- Protect company's interests, avoid and resolve disputes
About the Presenter
Dr George Jergeas, P.Eng., is a Professor of Project Management in the Schulich School of Engineering at the University of Calgary, where he is involved in both the teaching of and research into project management since 1994. He has forty years of work experience, principally in infrastructure projects and claims and disputes. He has worked with project teams in oil sands development, hospitals, roads and bridges, tunnelling, LRT expansions and mining projects. As a claims consultant investigating numerous construction projects, both in Canada and the USA, George gained insight into the fundamental causes of project success and failure.
APEGA Edmonton Office
1500 Scotia One
10060 Jasper Ave
Edmonton, AB T5J 4A2
October 5, 2018
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Dr George Jergeas, P.Eng.
Professional Member: $305
Group and company discounts apply. Every third registrant on the same form gets 50% off.
September 28, 2018