Fort McMurray Branch PD Evening: Carbon Policy in Alberta, Canada and Beyond
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Register by September 25, 2018 at noon
This is a technical seminar on the carbon policy in both Alberta and the rest of Canada. This presentation will cover questions such as:
- What is the carbon policy and how will everyone be affected?
- How is the pricing model developed for individuals and businesses, and how does it help with greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reductions that affect us all?
- What has been Canada's role at the international level, and how can local policies help in reducing the affects of climate change?
- How have different political parties in both the provincial and federal government affected the cause over the years?
- How will the carbon policy potentially be affected in the future?
About the Presenter
Dr. Branko Boskovic is an assistant professor at the School of Business, University of Alberta in the department of Marketing, Business Economics and Law. His teaching and research interests include Environmental Economics, Energy Economics, Natural Resource Economics, and Applied Econometrics.
YMCA Eagle Ridge
September 26, 2018
7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
$30.00 per person
September 25, 2018 at noon