Information Session: Proposed Updates to the Authentication Standard
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Register by October 15, 2018, at 9:00 a.m.
Proposed Updates to the Authentication Standard
Understanding and properly implementing authentication, particularly in the digital space, is one of the most talked-about challenges licensed professionals face in their practice. The Authentication Standard Subject Matter Panel, consisting of subject matter experts and a select group of permit holders, has updated APEGA's Authenticating Professional Documents (now titled Authenticating Professional Work Products) practice standard to improve definitions and add clarity to this important professional responsibility.
Some changes to the practice standard include:
- defining professional work products to enable licensed professionals to better determine what should be authenticated
- defining a Responsible Member's validation of professional work products
- standardizing authentication and validation formats to enable licensed professionals, permit holder, and the public to easily identify the authenticator and the validator, as well as the dates of authentication and validation
- discussing the uses of digital technology to authenticate professional work products
- setting the requirements for the authentication of professional work products imported into or exported from Alberta
- providing considerations for the retention and storage of authenticated professional work products
APEGA Edmonton Office
APEGA Calgary Office
22nd Floor, Scotia Centre
700 2 Street SW
WebEx - online details provided after registering
10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
Up to one hour prior to the first session starting.