Candidate for Council, John Duhault, P.Geo.
- 40-plus years professional experience as entrepreneurial geoscientist in oil and gas discovery, development, risk mitigation
- President, principal geoscience consultant for Starbird Enterprises, a Calgary consulting and advisory company, with direct ownership over data analysis and interpretation, team training and mentoring, and consulting to oil and gas organizations
- Past president Canadian Society of Exploration Geophysicists, past chair Prairie Action Foundation (researching reducing the cycle of family and child abuse), past president of Scenic Sands Community Association
Follow John on Social Media
My name is John Duhault. I am currently President of Starbird Enterprises, an Advisory/Consulting company, with four decades of experience as a geoscientist in the Canadian oil industry. I am a Past President of the CSEG and have volunteered on three
other Not-For-Profit Boards.
I have a close connection with a wide-range of APEGA’s members and hope to represent them all on Council. I know the hardships facing; fellow geoscientists, recently unemployed senior professionals, and sole proprietor consultants, because I am
one of them. I have also mentored many recent graduates.
I live by four core values:
- Do what is right
- Do your best
- Everyone is special in some way and,
- Treat people the way you want to be treated.
Having been a member for 39 years and graduating with a degree in geological engineering, I believe there is great value in APEGA. As a Council member, I believe providing strategic guidance to the regulator is our responsibility. I will be open to members concerns, and where appropriate, I will raise these issues at meetings.
Council needs to be engaged in our industry, aware of the current issues facing our members, and must be prepared to recommend solutions to the problems.
Answers to 4 APEGA Questions
Click on each question to see how all candidates answered these important APEGA questions.