External Educational & Professional Development Opportunities
The organizations below provide educational and professional development (PD) opportunities that may be suitable for some members. We advise members to choose their PD based on their learning needs and the Continuing Professional Development Program requirements. APEGA does not vet or endorse any external providers.
Artificial Intelligence Ethics Micro-Credential
Athabasca University is offering a micro-credential starting February 2022 in AI. "This micro-credential equips you with the advanced competencies and essential knowledge that the market requires for the growing AI industry focused on ethical oversight and governance. This online, on-demand micro-credential is the first of its kind in Canada and globally."
For more information, please visit Athabasca University's webpage.
Geologize Practical Geocommunication Course
Geoscientists Canada has purchased a 2-year license for the globally recognized Geologize Practical Geocommunication Course. Starting January 5, 2022 this course is free for all APEGA registered members.
Alberta Post-Secondary Institutions
- MacEwan University Continuing Education
- University of Alberta Faculty of Engineering
- University of Alberta Faculty of Extension
Engineering, Geoscience & Other Organizations
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
- Association of the Chemical Profession of Alberta
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Canadian Society for Petroleum Geologists
- Canadian Society for Unconventional Resources
- Canadian Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- Canadian Well Logging Society
- Consulting Engineers of Alberta
- Edmonton Construction Association
- Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- Engineers Canada
- IEEE Northern Canada Chapter
- International Society of Automation Edmonton Section
- Project Management Institute Northern Alberta Chapter
- Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada
- SAE Alberta