Holiday Gift Guide Contest Rules
Nov. 15, 2022, at 9 a.m. MST to Dec. 1, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. MST
Description of Prizes
There will be a total of 12 winners, four from each age range listed in the APEGA Gift Guide 2022. Each winner shall receive one toy from the gift guide as chosen by APEGA, based on the child’s age as submitted by the contestant.
Residents of Alberta who are 18 years of age or older at the contest opening date and who have submitted all four correct page numbers on apega.ca/giftguide are eligible to enter the contest. APEGA staff members are not eligible to participate. A registrant is not able to win more than once, except in the case that the registrant has entered multiple different children and more than one child’s name is drawn.
How to Enter
No purchase required. To enter the contest, readers must find and submit all four locations of Gus, the APEGA dinosaur (illustrated on the inside cover of the APEGA Gift Guide 2022), during the contest period. Answers must be submitted online at apega.ca/giftguide and the submission must include the contest registrant’s name and email address, along with the child’s first name and age. Contest entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. MST on Dec. 1, 2022.
Limit of one entry per child per day. Parents can enter for multiple children on a single day. If a child’s name is suspected of being entered more than once per day, or if a registrant is suspected of using robotic, automatic, programmed, or any other entry methods not authorized by these rules, it shall be deemed tampering and will void the individual’s entries. Parents may not enter any fictitious children as additional entries.
Procedure for Awarding Prizes
APEGA will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries on Dec. 2, 2022. There will be 12 winners total—four per each age range listed in the gift guide (1–4, 5–10, and 11+). Each winner will be awarded one toy from the APEGA Gift Guide 2022 as chosen by APEGA Outreach and based on the child’s age as submitted by the contestant.
Winners will be notified by email by Dec. 5, 2022, at the email address they used to register for the contest.
- A mathematical skill-testing question must be answered to win the prize.
- The winner must claim the prize no later than Dec. 8, 2022, at 11:59 p.m., or three business days after the date they are initially contacted, starting from the commencement of the first business day after they are contacted. If a winner cannot be reached within three business days, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, does not claim the prize, or declines the prize, APEGA has the right to select another winner.
- The prize shall be accepted as-is and may not be exchanged or refunded for an amount of money, sold, or transferred. No substitutions are allowed. Any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited.
- If the prize cannot be awarded as described in these rules, APEGA reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable value.
- Refusal to accept the prize releases APEGA from any obligation towards the winner.
- If the identity of a winner is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address will be deemed to be the winner. The individual assigned to the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. A winner may be required to provide proof they are the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
- APEGA assumes no liability for any loss, damage, or injury, including: a. lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late, destroyed, illegible, or incomplete entries
- APEGA reserves the right to cancel or suspend this contest should a virus, bug, or other cause beyond its reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, APEGA reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- APEGA reserves the right to amend the contest rules or to terminate the contest at any time without any liability to any contestant. Any amendments to the contest rules will be posted on our website at apega.ca/giftguide
- Winners consent to their first name and last initial being used to announce the winners of the contest.
- Winners release APEGA from all liability for any damage or loss arising from participation in the contest or from the awarding, acceptance, or use of the prize.
- By entering, you agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of APEGA, which are final and binding on all contestants.
b. loss, theft, or damage to software or computer or telephone data, including any breach of privacy
c. fraudulent calls
d. inability of any person to participate in the contest for any reason, including mistaken addresses on email; technical, computer, or telephone malfunctions or other problems with computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software; congestion on the internet or at any website; or any combination of the foregoing
e. damage to any person’s computer, including as a result of playing or downloading any material relating to the contest
f. any delay or inability to act resulting from an event or situation beyond APEGA’s control, including a strike, lockout or other labour dispute at APEGA’s location or the locations of the organizations and businesses whose services are used to administer this contest
g. prizes that are lost, damaged, or misdirected during shipping