Professional Member Application Checklist
APEGA requires you to provide various documents to complete your application. Your application will not be reviewed by the APEGA Board of Examiners until all documents have been received.
You can check the status of your application or update your contact information by logging in to your myAPEGA portal. If any documents are missing, they will be listed as not received or incomplete. To provide missing documents, email [email protected].
Have you completed all of the following?
Citizenship & Permanent Residency
- Upload a copy of at least one of the following:
- Canadian birth certificate (both sides)
- valid Canadian passport
- valid Canadian Permanent Resident Card (both sides)
- Canadian citizenship certificate (both sides)
Proof of Identity
- You will be required to provide proof of identity. To prove your provided name(s), you must provide a copy of the specified document types below. File types accepted are PDF, TIF, PNG, or JPG with a file size under 16 MB. If necessary, more than one file can be uploaded.
- If born in Canada:
- A copy of your provincial or territorial Birth Certificate. Canadian passports are not accepted because they can be issued with slightly different given names
- If born outside of Canada but are a Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen you must provide both sides of any of the following:
- A copy of a valid PR Card, or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) within one year of issue, or a copy of your Canadian Citizenship document
- If born outside of Canada but not a Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen you must provide:
- A copy of your valid non-Canadian passport
- If your full legal name is different from your birth certificate, PR Card, Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or Canadian Citizenship document, you must also include:
- A copy of the Legal Change of Name or Marriage Certificate
- Not acceptable proof of identity: Drivers Licence
- Include transcripts from academic institutions that clearly show
- program of study
- graduation date
- all courses taken
- marks received
- Transcripts must also be provided for any transfer credits.
- Have a World Education Services ICAP report sent to APEGA.
- Include any legal name change documents or a marriage certificate, if applicable.
- Complete the character declaration when filling out the online application.
- Upload all relevant documents before submitting the form.
Only required if English was not the language of instruction for your undergraduate degree
- Upload one of the following:
- TOEFL results
- One- to three-page, handwritten letter
Post-Graduate Degree Work Experience Credit (Optional)
If you are submitting post-graduate degree work experience, each of the following must be completed:
Sent directly to APEGA
- An official copy of your post-graduate transcript, sent directly from your institution to APEGA
- A letter of recommendation from your thesis or project supervisor, written on university letterhead, and sent directly from your supervisor to APEGA
Included in your application
- A PDF of your title page, abstract, conclusions, and recommendations sections of your thesis or project
- An entry page on your Work Experience Record covering the period of your post-graduate study