Professional Member Application Checklist
APEGA requires you to provide various documents to complete your application. Your application will not be reviewed by the APEGA Board of Examiners until all documents have been received.
You can check the status of your application or update your contact information by logging in to the Member Self-Service Centre. If any documents are missing, they will be listed as not received or incomplete. To provide missing documents, email [email protected].
Have you completed all of the following?
- All of your documents must include your full name and APEGA ID number. You'll be assigned an APEGA ID number once you start your application.
- Name change
- Citizenship and permanent residency
- Character declaration
- Work Experience Record
- English-language competency
- Post-graduate degree work experience
- Make sure your application includes your current phone number, mailing address, and email address.
- Include transcripts from academic institutions that clearly show
- program of study
- graduation date
- all courses taken
- marks received
- Transcripts must also be provided for any transfer credits.
- Have a World Education Services ICAP report sent to APEGA.
- Include any legal name change documents or a marriage certificate, if applicable.
Citizenship & Permanent Residency
- Upload a copy of at least one of the following:
- Canadian birth certificate (both sides)
- valid Canadian passport
- valid Canadian Permanent Resident Card
- Canadian citizenship certificate
- Complete the character declaration when filling out the online application.
- Upload all relevant documents before submitting the form.
Only required if English was not the language of instruction for your undergraduate degree
- Upload one of the following:
- TOEFL results
- One- to three-page, handwritten letter
Post-Graduate Degree Work Experience Credit (Optional)
If you are submitting post-graduate degree work experience, each of the following must be completed:
Sent directly to APEGA
- An official copy of your post-graduate transcript, sent directly from your institution to APEGA
- A letter of recommendation from your thesis or project supervisor, written on university letterhead, and sent directly from your supervisor to APEGA
Included in your application
- A PDF of your title page, abstract, conclusions, and recommendations sections of your thesis or project
- An entry page on your Work Experience Record covering the period of your post-graduate study