Member-in-Training Application Checklist
APEGA requires you to provide various documents to complete your application. Your application will not be reviewed by the APEGA Board of Examiners until all documents have been received.
You can check the status of your application or update your contact information by logging in to your myAPEGA portal. If any documents are missing, they will be listed as not received or incomplete. To provide any missing documents, email [email protected].
Have you completed all of the following?
- All of your documents must include your full name and APEGA ID number. You'll be assigned an APEGA ID number once you start your application.
- Character declaration
- Name change
- Make sure your application includes your current phone number, mailing address, and email address.
- You will be required to provide proof of identity. To prove your provided name(s), you must provide a copy of the specified document types below. File types accepted are PDF, TIF, PNG, or JPG with a file size under 16 MB. If necessary, more than one file can be uploaded.
- If born in Canada:
- A copy of your provincial or territorial Birth Certificate. Canadian passports are not accepted because they can be issued with slightly different given names
- If born outside of Canada but are a Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen you must provide both sides of any of the following:
- A copy of a valid PR Card, or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) within one year of issue, or a copy of your Canadian Citizenship document
- If born outside of Canada but not a Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen you must provide:
- A copy of your valid non-Canadian passport
- If your full legal name is different from your birth certificate, PR Card, Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or Canadian Citizenship document, you must also include:
- A copy of the Legal Change of Name or Marriage Certificate
- Not acceptable proof of identity: Drivers Licence
Read about what APEGA requires for your academic documents
Include transcripts from academic institutions that clearly show
- program of study
- graduation date
- all courses taken
- marks received
Transcripts must also be provided for any transfer credits.
- Have a World Education Services ICAP report sent to APEGA.
Read about the good character and reputation form of your application
- Complete the character declaration when filling out the online application.
- Upload all relevant documents before submitting the form.
- Include any legal name change documents or a marriage certificate, if applicable.