Pre-Graduate Degree Experience Credit

If you are applying as a professional member or licensee (professional engineer), the Board of Examiners (BOE) may give you work experience credit for experience you had before completing your engineering undergraduate degree.

Members-in-training and professional licensee applicants cannot claim pre-graduate work experience credit.

The BOE may give up to 12 months credit for engineering work obtained after the completion of two years of acceptable post secondary education in engineering or engineering technology. This experience may be technologist or professional level. To request credit, include the information in your Work Record Validator List. The review for pre-graduate experience is separate from your academic review.

Pre-graduate experience credit can only be credited once the applicant is academically qualified.

For applicants who previously submitted only a confirmation of graduation (i.e., CEAB graduates), APEGA may ask for full transcripts that outline your co-op (or student internship) work experience claimed.

Recording Work Experience

To record work experience, you must complete and submit a WRVL covering the period of your pre-graduate work experience and containing the following:

  • In the Work Record Validator section, provide your supervisor’s information
  • In the Work Record section, provide details of your employment and experience:
    • a brief overview of your engineering experience
    • the number of months of full-time and part time registration
  • In the Work Record Reference section, the information for your reference can be the same as your validator, or different

Part-time experience that overlaps academic studies is typically not considered as acceptable experience.