Licensee Application Checklist
APEGA requires you to provide various documents to complete your application. Your application will not be reviewed by the APEGA Board of Examiners until all documents have been received.
You can check the status of your application or update your contact information by logging in to the myAPEGA portal. If any documents are missing, they will be listed as not received or incomplete. To provide any missing documents, email [email protected].
Have you completed all of the following?
- All of your documents must include your full name and APEGA ID number. You'll be assigned an APEGA ID number once you start your application.
- Name change
- Character declaration
- Work Experience Record
- English language competency
- Post-graduate degree work experience
- Make sure your application includes your current phone number, mailing address, and email address.
- You will be required to provide proof of identity.
You can provide:
- Birth Certificate
- Legal Name Change
Not Acceptable Proof of Identity:
- Drivers License
- Include transcripts from academic institutions that clearly show
- program of study
- graduation date
- all courses taken
- marks received
- Transcripts must also be provided for any transfer credits.
- Have a World Education Services ICAP report sent to APEGA.
- Include any legal name change documents or a marriage certificate, if applicable.
- Complete the character declaration when filling out the online application.
- Upload all relevant documents before submitting the form.
Work Experience Record
Started On or After May 2, 2018
- Complete the Competency-Based Assessment Tool (CBAT) when filling out the online application.
- If you require a change on the document after you have submitted your application, email your request to [email protected].
or Engineering Applications Started Before May 2, 2018
- Complete the Work Experience Record (WER) when filling out the online application.
- If you require a change on the document after you have submitted your application, email your request to [email protected]
English Language Competency
Only required if English was not the language of instruction for your undergraduate degree.
- Upload one of the following:
- TOEFL results
- One- to three-page, handwritten letter
Post-graduate Degree Work Experience Credit (Optional)
If you are submitting post-graduate degree work experience, each of the following must be completed:
Sent directly to APEGA
- An official copy of your post-graduate transcript, sent directly from your institution to APEGA
- A letter of recommendation from your thesis or project supervisor, written on university letterhead, and sent directly from your supervisor to APEGA
Included in your application
- A PDF document of your title page, abstract, conclusions, and recommendations sections of your thesis or project
- An entry page on your Work Experience Record covering the period of your post-graduate study