APEGA Career Opportunity:
Registration Services & Program Administrator
Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic individuals who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You need to be committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and have a desire to deliver exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse team!
Together we can help shape the present and future practices of professional engineers and geoscientists of Alberta.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Registration & Mobility Services, the Registration Services & Program Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of Registration Services related program delivery, documents, and functions. This includes, but is not limited to, providing high quality service and support to applicants through processing request for application updates, answering emails and phone calls, member applicant follow up and documentation, first tier technical support and assistance with the myAPEGA portal.
This position prioritizes Inter Provincial Mobility Applications (IPMAs) in alignment with Bill 49: Labour Mobility Act, and works on in-depth service related tasks affecting potential and current applicants.
- Providing guidance on the best course of action for each potential applicant to take based on their individual circumstances and in accordance with the EGP Act, Regulation and related policies and procedures.
- Processing Inter-Provincial Mobility Applications (IPMA) in accordance with the EGP ACT and Bill-49 (Labour Mobility Act) including the collection, assessment and eligibility determination for Professional Member, Member in Training and Professional Licensee IPMA applications.
- Being a liaison with the other jurisdiction contacts to ensure mobility runs smoothly.
- Processing “Request for Update” applications to complete secondary requirements for current applicants who have received a Board of Examiners decision.
- Pre-screening submitted applications for quality assurance and communicating with applicants if information requirements are not fully complete.
- Providing assistance in the initial processing of new member applications for registration when required, including updates on applicant statuses.
- Providing knowledge and support to the Registration Department through managing inquiries regarding the application process at APEGA. Inquiries come in the form of telephone calls, walk-ins, emails.
- Connecting scanned documents to applicant files .
- Ensuring all answers to application and membership inquiries are consistent with APEGA’s policies and the EGP Act and Regulation.
- Maintaining open communication with the Registration, Admissions, and Exams staff to ensure they are up to date with the workload and outstanding issues.
- Fulfilling requests, completing transactions (financial and other) and forwarding requests as required, within the mandated timeframe.
- Providing back up to the Registration Program Administrators with applications when the volume rises, or additional resources are required to maintain appropriate timelines and service delivery.
- Assisting to process the Ethics Workshop M.I.T. applications twice yearly.
- Resolving problems by clarifying issues, researching, and exploring answers and alternative solutions, implementing solutions, escalating unresolved problems.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Professional and exceptional customer service
- Willingness to learn and troubleshoot
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Practical, analytical and innovative problem-solving skills
- Understand direction/objectives of the department and align individual objectives accordingly
- Set priorities and multi-task (answering phone calls while performing tasks) and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Retain large amounts of information
- Communicate ideas, project and process concepts with ease and clarity, asking questions if unsure
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team setting
- Ability to adapt to changes in policy, processes and procedures
- Ability to self-motivate
- Ability to learn and adapt to new databases and programs
- Ability to work and collaborate with a diverse group of people to build and maintain strong working relationships with a high degree of demonstrated professionalism
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field
- 2-3 years of administrative experience in a customer contact setting providing first tier inquiry support combined with experience providing rationale on processes or services in a customer oriented/professional environment
- Some exposure to environments that have legislative or regulatory authorities will be considered an asset
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and/or various databases or systems is required
- Strong communication and language skills is required
How to Apply
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found.
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA’s people and culture.
APEGA’s Vaccination policy and protocol is currently suspended requiring agency contractors and staff to be fully vaccinated and required to show proof of vaccination. This policy and protocol may be reinstated at any time in alignment with public health measures.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to the People Experience Team at [email protected].
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.