APEGA Career Opportunity:
Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic individuals who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You need to be committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and have a desire to deliver exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse team!
Together we can help shape the present and future practices of professional engineers and geoscientists of Alberta.
- Providing general reception duties for the Calgary office to visitors and members promptly and courteously by welcoming, directing, re-directing, and/or announcing callers and visitors.
- Providing exceptional first contact customer service, responding to internal or external inquires.
- Providing back up support for Edmonton Reception, Office Services Administrator and Facilities Administrator.
- Delivering frontline support to the members who require customer service supports in the areas of mailing address updates, payments in person or over the phone, password resets, and as necessary redirect queries to the appropriate department for more complex or specific support.
- Ensuring office security process and procedures are followed in the reception area to ensure the safety and security of the area and staff by having visitors check in with reception, locking front doors end of each day, making sure lost access cards have been canceled and reissued.
- Providing administrative support to the organization in specific functions including processing of incoming and outgoing mail, voicemails, faxes, couriers, notifying staff of arrived packages, and clerical support for Office Services.
- Providing coverage to departments that do not have staff representation in Calgary, such as proctoring exams.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Core competencies: Exemplifying Integrity, Fostering Communication, Results Orientation, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
- Functional Competencies: Adaptability, Attention to Detail, Inventory/Supply Management, Planning and Organizing, and Problem Solving.
- Experience with Cisco Telephony Systems, Microsoft Office product suite (Excel, Outlook, Word) and Staff Photo Security ID Badges (Photo Shop).
- Knowledge of Alemba, Aptify and various mail and courier websites.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and make sound decisions, based on internal policies and procedures and best practice required.
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field with 2-3 years of administrative experience in a professional setting.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office is required.
- Exposure to various databases or systems is considered an asset.
- Strong communication and language skills is required.
- This position keeps a full-time in office schedule.
How to Apply
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found.
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA’s people and culture.
APEGA’s Vaccination policy and protocol is currently suspended requiring agency contractors and staff to be fully vaccinated and required to show proof of vaccination. This policy and protocol may be reinstated at any time in alignment with public health measures.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to the People Experience Team at [email protected].
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA's people and culture.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.