APEGA Career Opportunity:
Northern Alberta University Coordinator
Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic individuals who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You need to be committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and have a desire to deliver exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse team!
Together we can help shape the present and future practices of professional engineers and geoscientists of Alberta.
Reporting to the Outreach Manager, the Northern Alberta University Coordinator provides coordination of APEGA's University Outreach Program. This includes the coordination of the program's day-to-day operations, such as recruitment and onboarding of student and member volunteers and on-going support and guidance to the Student Liaison Committee.
The Northern Alberta University Coordinator is APEGA's representative to all engineering and geoscience university students in Alberta.
- Event management of students’ events (i.e. Rapid Resume Reviews, Speed Mock Interviews, Speed Networking, Industry Mixers, Cover Letter Workshops, APEGA 101 presentations, etc.) to promote APEGA membership to engineering and geoscience university
students in Alberta and increase engagement with APEGA by:
- Budgeting event expenses
- Ensuring student volunteers complete all tasks required to promote and prepare for the events
- Recruiting, training and managing professional member volunteers for events
- Coordinating events onsite and troubleshooting unexpected issues
- Liaising with Alberta university and transfer college faculties to schedule annual APEGA 101 presentations to all first-year engineering students
- Coordinating and hosting presentations related to the APEGA registration process for university students
- Ensuring availability approximately 10-12 weekday evenings and 1-2 weekends per year to run events. Evening and weekend availability is needed mainly Sept-early Nov and Jan-March.
- Coordinating and hosting the annual University Student conference
- Building and maintaining relationships with the various career centers at the universities and transfer colleges
- Building relationships with Branch volunteers and providing support to them as they engage first year engineering classes at the transfer colleges
- Liaising with the APEGA Communications department to ensure events are promoted through available mediums
- Coordinating and/or hosting bridging events for Gr. 10-12 students to gain awareness of the post-secondary experience
- Provide leadership for the APEGA Student Liaison Committee to ensure the committee has the support it needs to plan and execute program events by:
- Coordinating the recruitment, onboarding, and training processes of the Student Liaison Committee
- Coordinating Student Liaison Committee planning and external stakeholder meetings, including organizing participants’ schedules, room bookings and agendas
- Providing on-the-job training, guidance and coaching of student volunteers
- Lead the continuous improvement of the University Outreach department to provide value to university students and APEGA members by:
- Remaining current on student needs, actively researching, and providing recommendations to innovate the program, as needed.
- Creating, reviewing, and updating departmental documentation, including websites, checklists, templates and/or forms
- Identifying opportunities for automating workflows to improve efficiencies.
- Maintain university outreach records to ensure complete and accurate event metrics by:
- Tracking, recording and compiling event and presentation statistics
- Summarizing and reporting on metrics to measure the effectiveness of APEGA’s University Outreach Program
- Coordinate ad-hoc and recurring projects and initiatives of APEGA's University Outreach Program to ensure increased value added to university students by:
- Supporting promotion and selection process for awards or scholarships, as necessary
- Providing regular updates to the Outreach Manager on initiative and project statuses
- Assist the Outreach and Product Services team in the success and improvement of all portfolios
- May include supporting K-12 outreach programs that require additional event support
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Meeting management, event management, and records management.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills with a high proficiency of computer applications, including: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to recruit high performing student volunteers and lead them to successfully execute program initiatives, including bringing forward recommendations for new events and approving budgets.
- Ability to collaborate with external stakeholders, such as university faculty and career centers, with a high degree of demonstrated professionalism to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to identify potential risks and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Ability to problem-solve and make sound decisions quickly and confidently.
- Ability to train, manage, and assess competence of student and professional volunteers
- Post-secondary diploma in related field
- 3-4 years of administrative and/or coordinator experience.
- Experience must include small to large event coordination, preferably in a science or education related field.
- Volunteer management experience is considered an asset.
- This position will work a flexible model that includes 50% of the time in office and 50% from their home office. Employees are required to have a designated confidential workspace at home with quality internet. This flexible work model will be reviewed periodically and updated as needed.
How to Apply
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found.
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA’s people and culture.
APEGA’s Vaccination policy and protocol is currently suspended requiring agency contractors and staff to be fully vaccinated and required to show proof of vaccination. This policy and protocol may be reinstated at any time in alignment with public health measures.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to the People Experience Team at [email protected].
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA's people and culture.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.