APEGA Career Opportunity:
Member Benefits Coordinator
Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic individuals who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You need to be committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and have a desire to deliver exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse team!
Together we can help shape the present and future practices of professional engineers and geoscientists of Alberta.
Reporting to the Membership Manager, the Member Benefits Coordinator is responsible for the management and administrative duties of the Member Benefits portfolio and the Affinity program.
This includes liaising with external stakeholders, benefit providers, document management, event planning for Benefit providers’ lunch and learns, and info sessions, statistics and metrics compilation, contract management, and responding to members’ inquiries received by phone or email.
- Proactively building and maintaining relationships with benefit providers’ key contacts through various means of communication (email, phone, and in-person).
- Liaising with Engineers Canada to extend their programs to our membership and resolve membership issues and concerns and gather metrics quarterly.
- Ensuring that APEGA is represented in a positive and professional manner to all stakeholders and provide a consistent source of information for external parties.
- Scheduling recurring meetings (monthly and quarterly) with benefit providers and Engineers Canada to evaluate the health of the program, review metrics and suggest improvements.
- Acting as the first point of contact for benefit providers and affinity partners, responding to their inquiries, providing them with the necessary information they need to manage the program at their end and bringing members’ issues and concerns to their attention for resolution.
- Remaining current on membership needs, affinity program trends, actively researching new offerings and providing recommendations to develop new programs.
- Processing and evaluating applications of prospective providers and provide recommendation to Membership Manager and/or Director, Outreach & Product Services.
- Evaluating current and new offerings to ensure alignment with APEGA’s Strategic Plan, Objectives and Values.
- Managing contracts to ensure APEGA meets its obligations and contracts are renewed or terminated as per agreements.
- Tracking, recording, and compiling metrics to report membership usage and trends.
- Continuously improving program processes and procedures and automating workflows to improve efficiencies whenever possible and updating necessary documentation.
- Liaising with communications to market and promote program offerings to APEGA membership through website, social media, and digital newsletters, ensuring promotional materials and digital content is always up to date.
- Planning and coordinating information sessions to allow benefit providers to educate APEGA members on their offerings.
- Demonstrating APEGA’s commitment to superior customer service through responding to members’ inquiries and feedback in a timely manner via phone or email, resolving issues, and addressing members’ concerns, escalating when necessary
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Core competencies: Exemplifying Integrity, Fostering Communication, Results Orientation, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
- Functional Competencies: Analytical Thinking, Attention to Detail, Intuitive, Partnering and Planning and Organizing.
- Sound knowledge of contract management.
- Knowledge of privacy and confidentiality protocols.
- Knowledge of business development, marketing, and sales best practices
- Event management, records, and contract management.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, and attention to detail.
- Advanced skills in computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to collaborate with external stakeholders with a high degree of professionalism to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to identify potential risks and develop plans to mitigate or address issues and concerns.
- Ability to problem-solve and make sound decisions quickly and confidently based on internal policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Ability to write in a professional, concise, and engaging style.
- Strong commitment to delivering exceptional and professional customer service.
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- 3-4 years of customer service experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and/or various databases or systems is required.
- Strong communication and language skills is required.
- This position will work remotely to start and will transition to the APEGA office when appropriate and within government guidelines. Employees are required to have a designated confidential workspace at home with quality internet.
How to Apply
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found.
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA’s people and culture.
APEGA’s Vaccination policy and protocol is currently suspended requiring agency contractors and staff to be fully vaccinated and required to show proof of vaccination. This policy and protocol may be reinstated at any time in alignment with public health measures.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to the People Experience Team at [email protected].
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA's people and culture.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.