APEGA Career Opportunity:
Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic individuals who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You need to be committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and have a desire to deliver exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse team!
Together we can help shape the present and future practices of professional engineers and geoscientists of Alberta.
Reporting to the Manager, Office & Facilities Services, the Facilities Administrator contributes to the efficient and professional management of the APEGA office by being the primary contact for APEGA's Meeting Rooms.
This includes being responsible for scheduling and assisting with in-house activities, including booking, set up & take down, catering, cleanliness, A/V needs, registration, etc. The Facilities Administrator will also maintain the meeting rooms and kitchen facilities, ordering supplies, and ensuring organization and adequate inventory, and providing fist-level support for property management inquiries and concerns.
- Coordinating the use of and manage all meeting room calendars for APEGA’s meeting rooms and conference space for internal staff, volunteer committees, and external parties.
- Initiating contract creation and invoice completion for rentals to external parties.
- Providing professional meeting and tier 1 technical support for all events held within APEGA Meeting Rooms.
- General oversight of all technology and office services equipment, ensuring excellent working order, organization, and cleanliness, escalating issues to the IT department when necessary.
- Providing basic A/V training to staff.
- Setting up and on-the-spot trouble shooting of audiovisual needs.
- Liaising with Administrative Assistants to ensure meeting requirements are clearly communicated and achieved.
- Coordinating and executing of the complete catering life cycle including researching menu options; working the administrative assistants or external parties to choose a menu within budget and on theme; working with the vendor to arrange for necessary catering and setting up, monitoring, and clearing catering and dishware.
- Developing and maintaining strong vendor relationships with caterers, suppliers, and other service providers.
- Liaising with the Property Management, on behalf of the Manager, Office & Facilities Services, when necessary.
- Coordinating and overseeing office maintenance, repairs, and housekeeping that is regularly scheduled or as needed.
- Supporting internal staff arrivals, departures and relocations with their seating, workspace cleanliness, assigned keys, mailboxes, moving bins, deficiencies, and special requests.
- Providing back up support for Receptionist and Office Services Administrator.
- Managing the day-to-day implementation of the Safety, Health, and Environmental Management Program.
- Performing health and safety audits, investigations, and inspections.
- Participating in the Safety, Health, and Environmental Committee.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Core competencies: Exemplifying Integrity, Fostering Communication, Results Orientation, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
- Functional Competencies: Adaptability, Attention to Detail, Inventory/Supply Management, Planning and Organizing, and Problem Solving.
- Knowledge of Meeting Room and Health and Safety Procedures.
- A/V technologies used in the APEGA meeting spaces including both physical equipment and digital platforms including A/V diagnosing and trouble shooting.
- Safe food handling procedures.
- Strong customer service skills and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field with 2-3 years of administrative experience in a professional setting.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office is required.
- Prior experience in property management administration, event planning, customer service, or within a hospitality environment is an asset.
- This position keeps a full-time in office schedule.
How to Apply
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found.
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA’s people and culture.
APEGA’s Vaccination policy and protocol is currently suspended requiring agency contractors and staff to be fully vaccinated and required to show proof of vaccination. This policy and protocol may be reinstated at any time in alignment with public health measures.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to the People Experience Team at [email protected].
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA's people and culture.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.