APEGA Career Opportunity:
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Coordinator - (2 Year Term)
Want to be part of a team that makes a difference? Come be part of the change.
Since 1920, APEGA has been regulating the practices of engineering and geoscience to serve the public interest in Alberta.
We are looking for energetic individuals who thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and challenging environment. You need to be committed to serving the community with integrity, accountability, and innovation, and have a desire to deliver exceptional service. If you reflect these values, have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to make a difference through your work, and are passionate about acting in the best interest of public safety – then come be a part of our diverse team!
Together we can help shape the present and future practices of professional engineers and geoscientists of Alberta.
Reporting to the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Manager, the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Coordinator is responsible for facilitating the successful completion of APEGA's grant projects and APEGA's overall equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives. This position will ensure timely delivery of all key project outcomes, coordinate the creation of final reports and documents for publication. This position will support the creation of EDI-focused learning and development modules and presentations.
Other duties include, but are not limited to, preparing metrics reports utilizing statistics, and identifying trends, consult the Women in APEGA Advisory group, research standards, best practices, reports, and scientific studies relevant to the undertaken initiatives, and creating resources such as presentations, training, webinars, and guidelines.
- Plan, coordinate, attend, and ensure the success of APEGA's grant projects and the Women in APEGA Advisory Group meetings
- Document and organize information collected through consultations; address and incorporate constructive feedback from stakeholders to improve the event or offering
- Effectively and proactively manage project activities, outcomes, and budget
- Develop EDI-focused awareness campaigns and liaise with Communications department to align promotional content material with key initiatives
- Develop resources and training to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace
- Prepare metrics reports utilizing statistics, identifying considerations, risks, and/or impacts
- Respond to customer, volunteer, member, and permit holder questions, complaints, and concerns related to APEGA's EDI initiatives.
- Liaise with members, permit holders, APEGA staff, and the public to promote events and increase engagement in program initiatives
- Research standards, best practices, reports, and scientific studies relevant to the initiatives
- Learn existing programming and identify any gaps in current offerings
- Create resources such as presentations, training, guidelines, etc. for stakeholders
- Actively participate in researching, developing, and implementing Outreach and Product Services initiatives
- Collaborate with the Outreach and Product Services Team to identify opportunities for innovation, improving efficiencies, and recommending improvements to the Outreach and Product Services initiatives.
Competencies, Skills & Attributes
- Core Competencies: Exemplifying Integrity, Fostering Communication, Results Orientation, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
- Functional Competencies: Analytical thinking, Information Gathering and Processing, Planning and Organizing, Project Management and Writing Skills
- Strong knowledge of EDI challenges, initiatives, and best practices.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, set priorities, and meet tight timelines.
- Requires a strong ability to build professional and productive relationships with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders, including working with diverse groups to engage and develop consensus.
- Working and theoretical understanding of project management practices.
- Requires the demonstrated ability to communicate ideas with ease and clarity, and approach tasks with tact and diplomacy.
- Post-Secondary education in Science, Education, Sociology, or a related field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a professional role overseeing projects and/or program related initiatives.
- Training development and adult learning design experience considered an asset
- Equivalencies may be considered.
- This position will work a flexible model that includes 50% of the time in office and 50% from their home office. Employees are required to have a designated confidential workspace at home with quality internet.
How to Apply
Closing Date: Until successful candidate is found.
APEGA’s Vaccination policy and protocol is currently suspended requiring agency contractors and staff to be fully vaccinated and required to show proof of vaccination. This policy and protocol may be reinstated at any time in alignment with public health measures.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, including your salary expectations, as one pdf document (file name: LastName_FirstName.pdf) to the People Experience Team at [email protected].
Please note, candidates will be asked to complete a work assignment or presentation prior to being selected for an interview.
Please note, each submission needs to clearly indicate the competition number of the position you are applying for. If you are submitting a resume for multiple positions, please ensure you send a separate submission for each competition.
We acknowledge all candidates working in their area of expertise may build their knowledge, skills, and competencies in several ways. We welcome candidates from a breadth of backgrounds, who may have equivalent skills and competencies to the ones listed above. There may be APEGA positions posted that have specific regulatory requirements, and in keeping with those requirements, APEGA will follow the guidelines that we are bound by. All candidates are considered with the objective to enhance APEGA's people and culture.
Thank you for your interest in APEGA.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.